Monday, January 5, 2015

It's the end of the year as we know it

The year is finally over, the holidaze are past, and I think my EOM-induced jetlag is mostly receded.
And now I've discovered that CodeCombat supports Io. Best surprise I've had all year. Might even keep that title through December!

It's marked experimental but I'm always up for a bit of frustration (or I wouldn't be interested in code anyway). Time to test it out!

Edit: Aww, massive letdown. It's not implemented anywhere near fully enough to be playable. Or maybe fun. I mean, basic loop structures aren't in place. So theoretically you might be able to play through (so far everything I've seen could be done purely by hand but I have no idea how long that will hold out) but you certainly won't learn anything useful or even enjoy the experience. Mind, this is only relevant to Io; I haven't looked at any of the other language implementations yet.

No comments: