Thursday, May 31, 2012

Work is for the birds

This is what I saw coming in to work this morning.



Not something I'm used to seeing.

In other news, my listed goals below aren't making much progress. Part of me wants to claim that being a father is, at least partly, to blame. Getting everyone settled for the evening is very tiring. A more... grown up? part of me says this is nonsense and I just need to put nose to stone and crank. Not sure which me I like better. Either way I'm making miniscule progress on goal 4, and goal 1 seems to be progressing well enough. Take this as evidence.

Goal 2 is, I think, an important habit I need to develop. I've been blogging and blogging is one of the lines on my chart. Yet my chart remains largely empty. Go figure. To be fair, as long as the proposed productivity is occurring then the chart is largely meaningless except as a petty drip-fed neurochemical trigger. Still, if I can't get in the habit of using it then it comes down entirely to self discipline which isn't something that is constant in my life. I suspect I'll need that petty drip feed when discipline ebbs. At any rate, I've got CLISP installed. Next step on goal 4 is setting up a GIT repo for the code (which will involve digging up my long unused GIT credentials and refamiliarizing myself with it) and then plowing into it.

I nearly set up a Lisp IDE in Eclipse but I couildn't get it all to install and integrate cleanly. Considering I really know buggerall about Eclipse to begin with that probably wasn't the best first step. I'll be using Ultraedit and setting up a script or action or whatever UE calls it to run the interpreter from a CLI window. Maybe I'll dig into Eclipse/CUSP/SBCL et al and make them all play nice together later when/if I'm entrenched in Lisp. Or better yet maybe Light Table will be available by then. At the current rate of progress it may well be 2.0 :P

Oh. And tinkering with the blog's template/layout/&etc is blasted time consuming. Going to have to play with it later.

No comments: