Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I hate titles, don't you?

Need to get speech to text integrated with Blogger on Android. Preferably one that works while I'm driving. In short, accuracy against noise which I know is probably asking a lot in the sound analysis department. I swear I had something interesting I wanted to record but it's purely fled my brain. Yes yes, built-in blogger functions and all. But it's dreadfully inaccurate. I suppose I just have to live with it.

While I'm on the topic, I also need a text to speech (AKA speech synthesis, apparently) app that'll read any app I feel like running from my phone. I'd dearly like to be able to listen to PDFs, random eBook readers, and clipped articles out of Evernote. I'd even more dearly like to be able to do this without using a different T2S for each underlying text app or having to jigger with an interface to move on to the next note/article/book/etc since, you know, I'll be driving and thus not playing with my phone.

I know. I ask for a lot.


Edit: It seems that the T2S app I want doesn't exist. Largely because the TTS service has to be enabled by the app providing the text. While it's possible I could use the accessibility option and the browser to get it done that's hardly ideal. Or perhaps there's a browser or RSS reader with builtin TTS support. Still not really ideal, and neither of those provide PDF or multi-format eBook reading. And at that point we've crossed the 'different solution for every possibility' barrier. What a mess. Makes me want to dive into mobile development. Agh, what am I thinking?

Note: T2S is shorthand for Text to Speech. TTS is the Android service supporting T2S functions. Subtleties abound.

No comments: