Monday, August 4, 2008

Couple random thoughts

Age is often reckoned as wisdom. I take issue with that. I would say, age can give you experience (though it's hardly guaranteed and depends in large part on how you use your time, which I'll leave out of this potpourri post). Experience isn't wisdom in itself. It becomes wisdom when you hold your experiences up to Jesus and se what He has to say on the matter. The Word is wisdom, all else is merely experience.

God gives and takes away, amen. He took something from me a while back and I can give him nothing but praise for it. He took away the pleasure of a particular sin. I asked him to help, and he moved in great (and unexpected!) ways. Praise god for my deliverance from sin.


Also, I don't know what to tag this with, other than philosophy. So that'll have to do.

No comments: